keskiviikko 22. heinäkuuta 2015

It's A String Thing 102

Here we are, my first post showing off some tiles! *whoop whoop* Not that anyone is reading this blog, yet, but ...

So a while ago I found out about Adele Bruno's page Tickled To Tangle and her weekly Tuesday It's a String Thing Challenge. I already did number 100 and 101. So the day before yesterday it was time for 102, my third entry. I felt first quite shy about posting my work as I still like to compare myself to others, well, "like" is the wrong word, I actually really dislike that habit of mine. My style is different from others and most of the time I like it. Other times I feel like a five year old, quite childish in my drawing. Though since I started with zentangle I have improved in every way. I allow myself to make mistakes, like a crocked line or a mistake in a pattern. Old me would have thrown the paper away and ripped it in the air.

So anyway, here are my tries for this weeks challenge. Yes, tries. I did one with colour and one in black and white. I had a vision of a blue-greenish string with my Inktense pens, but that somehow did not look at all what I have envisioned so I started adding more colour. I kind of like the way it turned out.

The patterns used where

Frost Flower
graancirkel and
SeZ.




In all honesty, neither are my favorite patterns. Frost Flower and I kind of became friends along the way. SeZ, in all it's simplicity really challenged me. I often find it that the most easy patterns are the most difficult ones for me.  But giving up that is not me. I still decided to got for a black and white version and this I actually really, really like. Not an all time favorite but one I like a lot.
According to my boyfriend the colourful one looks like a "Brain with Tomatoes and Cabbage", which I think is a compliment. So if I ever become famous, that one will be worth a million ;)

I hope you enjoy what you see.

Cheerios!

2 kommenttia:

  1. Ooo...I got a sneak preview of a string thing tile:-) I like what you did with them. Such an awkward shaped string but you have fitted them in well. I prefer the coloured one, there seems more space somehow. Pity I like that one as a million is going to be beyond my means to buy it lol

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. I'd be happy to mail it to you if you want to have it :)

      Poista