keskiviikko 22. heinäkuuta 2015

The Diva Challenge #227

As the Diva takes her well earned vacations, guest blogger Lee Darter challenged us  this week with the topic "Circus" for the challenge number 227 . My first thoughts were "ok...?". Then I checked the patterns and actually they looked fabulous!

Tropicana I have done before and I love the easiness of this pattern. You can make it in a straight line, wavy, crossing over and under. It reminds me on old Italy, actually, I imagine Florence, Rome, fancy Roman buildings.

Cack, I was not so sure about this one. It looked to me like one of these patterns I can do nothing with. Circles. Not my things. But actually it turned out fun. Maybe this won't be a tangle I use in every tile, but maybe we will see these fun little balls again. :)

The third pattern was a choice between Fescu, Flord and Linq. Tough one. I like all of them, but as I am someone who can not stand empty space, I choose Flord as it is a great filler. I admit I am a bit scared of Linq.

Anyway, this is what I came up with




I am actually happy. Maybe this is missing a bit of depth and finesse, but I am getting there. I think I need to do some more shading around the Cacks. But i think I will leave it the way it is for the time being and pick it up one day again.

I hope you like it at least a bit.

Cheerio!

13 kommenttia:

  1. The movement and flow in your tile is great, it shows so much action! Nice work!
    Lee Darter

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you so much Lee!!! I take that as a huge compliment, coming from you :)

      Poista
  2. I don't like it a bit .... I like it a LOT!!!!

    VastaaPoista
  3. I know just how you feel about Linq, I avoided it too. Your tile is very nicely done and I think you have used the patterns well.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you! I actually tried Linq yesterday and it was super easy :) done in less than five minutes :)

      Poista
  4. Yes, I found it difficult to choose the third too as I like them all. You mixture has turned out well.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you so much :) sometimes there is just too much choice :)

      Poista
  5. It is such a pleasure to see my pattern used. Thank you for this gift at this time in my life. You are a Rock Star!

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. I am not sure why my previous comment disappeared but I'd be happy to send you the tile if you want ^^

      Poista
  6. Thank you Lily, that means a lot to me :)

    VastaaPoista