perjantai 24. heinäkuuta 2015

Weekly Challenge #16: Tangle with U-N-I by Carolien and Diane

I feel in love with challenges as they usually make me use new tangles and others that I am not comfortable with or scared to use. So I discovered the challenges by Diane and Carolien. 

This week it was number 16 with the challenge to use tangles starting with the letters U-N-I. Uni means actually "dream" in Finnish, by the way. :) My tile is not dreamy at all but I am so happy with it. I always liked the tangle Intwine. The challenge for me was to make it in a circle. I always had trouble with that but I am happy with the result.

Does anyone know the feeling, that when you do a tangle, you make ten of the same strokes, but number eleven goes wrong. You start thinking what you have been doing and suddenly do it wrong. That often happens to me. So you might notice the mistake in my Intwine, but we all know that mistakes are allowed in Zentangle. :)

For N I used my all time favorite, N´zeppel. I always loved this tangle, you dan find it in most of my non- challenge tangles.

The last letter, U, meant Umble to me. I have always been curious about it and now I dared to do it. I made a couple of mistakes. Same pattern as above, but I think I covered it up.

Now time to show the tile :)


What do you think?

I changed the colors a bit for umble, but other than that I am for once really proud of what I made, especially considered that I did it at work :)

Anyway, have a great weekend!

7 kommenttia:

  1. It just goes to show that mistakes don't matter as that is a great tile. I don't know what it is about Nzeppel but people often comment that it is a favourite. It is a favourite of mine too. Interesting that UNI is Danish for Dream, it seems such a small word :-)

    VastaaPoista
  2. This is a lovely tile!! I love Umble but have trouble with the others - I am impressed you created a circle!! Beautiful!! Thank you for joining in!!

    ~ Diane Clancy
    http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog/2015/07/my-diane-caroliens-u-n-i-challenge-entry

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you ! Can't wait for the next challenge :) thanks for creating it :) umble was always on my to do list but it's harder than it looks ^^

      Poista
  3. Good for you, being proud of your work! I never saw the mistake until I was really looking for it :-)

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. I am rarely proud if anything but I found this one really hard :) intwine was hard for me. I can do most patterns strange but giving them a different shape is a killer for me :)

      Poista
  4. Absolutely awesome Intwine. I'm not even going to look for the "mistake." This is a great tile.

    VastaaPoista